Falafel patties is a great source of protein and can be used as a side or with dips such as the traditional Middle Eastern tahini sauce or they can even be even added into a tasty salad wrap.
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chilli diced
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tsp. of grounded cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. of grounded coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (celtic, himalayan, etc).
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a food processor or good food processing blender add all the ingredients and process until all the ingredients are mixed together and combined. If you find the mixture is not thick enough to make into falafel patties add some more chickpeas to thicken the mixture up.
Once the ingredients are all processed place and press a tablespoon of falafel mixture into little patties in a pre-heated non-stick frying pan and cook the falafels on each side for about 5 minutes each until lightly browned.