Raw Coconut, Nut and Chocolate Slice
- 200grams of milled mixed nuts (or any nuts of your choice)
- 6 medjool dates (take seed out)
- 100grams of coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- Sea salt
- 3 Tbs. of maple syrup or brown rice syrup for sweetening (alter with taste preference)
- 3 Tbs. of cacao powder (carob or cocoa powder are ok)
- 1 large avocado or 2 smaller avocados
- Fruit to garnish or have on the side (optional)
In a food processor mix nuts, medjool dates, coconut flakes, pinch of salt and vanilla.
Mixture should be a nice crumbly mixture and should stick well together. If the mixture is not sticking well try adding a little coconut oil, maple syrup or rice syrup until it start to stick well together.
Press mixture into a cake tin.
In a blender mix avocado, cacao, syrup and a pinch of salt until a nice chocolaty mixture is formed. Taste the chocolate mixture and adapt sweetness to your taste.
Spread mixture over chocolate base.
You can either eat the slice at room temperature or frozen. Freeze for about 4-6 hours for mixture to become firm and chilled if eating frozen.